He, however, revealed that if IPOB is allowed to operate from Oyigbo, they will eventually overrun the state.
According to him, the rumors that he instructed soldiers to kill Igbos in Oyigbo are mere politically motivated falsehood that should not be taken seriously.
He added that he simply imposed the curfew on Oyigbo in order to restore calm after members of IPOB killed 6 soldiers, 4 policemen and destroyed all police stations and court buildings there.
His words, “I know that this is not the first time IPOB has used Oyigbo as launching ground. The security agencies are aware. IPOB added a new dimension this time. They killed six army officers and burnt one.
“They killed four police officers. They destroyed all the police stations and court buildings. What offence did we commit as a state?
“I imposed curfew to restore calm. I proscribed IPOB activities anywhere in the state. Don’t forget that the federal government had declared them a terrorist group. It is not the entire Igbos that believe in IPOB activities.
“So, it’s not true that I ordered the military to kill Igbos in Oyigbo. When did I become a friend to the military? So what about the Igbos living elsewhere in the state? Are they also being killed?”
“I have no relationship with the army or the police. I do not command them. They change commissioner of police every time. How will I begin to direct the army that I do not give instruction to?”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Tekno – Enjoy [AuDio]