The state Union Chairman, Mr. Adedoyin Adesina revealed this at the celebration of 2020 World Teacher’s Day in Lagos State on Monday.
According to him, the number of teachers currently employed is short of expectation and the state needs to implement UNESCO’s standard of one teacher to 25 learners in a classroom.
He added that low-cost buildings can also be built as an emergency across the state to make employees comfortable.
His words, “Many teachers have retired this year and the vacuum has to be filled in the various subjects,”
“This is the ideal, to implement the UNESCO’s standard of one teacher to 25 learners in a classroom.
“Low-cost buildings can be built as an emergency across the state.”
“UNESCO recommends 26 per cent budget provision for education but no federal, state or local government has ever met this recommendation.
“The resultant effect is the poor standard in education.
“Therefore, we have to re-image and re-invent this situation.”
“Our visionary and the highly ingenious governor had long before the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic introduced digital training and learning into our primary school education.
“We gave our utmost support for that innovative idea by encouraging our teachers, who successfully drive such the idealistic and imaginative concept.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay