The speculation that Nigeria’s foremost R&B group, Styl Plus have broken up came to the fore recently when Tunde Akinsanmi aka Tunde aka Native Boy was reported to have left the group following his rebranding and anticipated single release but the group has come out debunk such media reports.
In a statement, Styl Plus disclosed that Tunde, one of its founding members, is ‘indeed’ leaving, but the group is not ‘breaking up’.
The group which came into national appeal in late 2003, further said
We owe it to our fans to clear the air on this matter. In the process of working towards a collective vision and in this vein, Tunde Akinsanmi has decided to pursue a solo career and delve into other ventures that are not Styl-Plus’s priority at the moment.
The statement further added, ‘the group’s musical projects will go on as usual: Shifi and Zeal will be releasing a new single titled ‘Tonight (Ale-Oni)’ in the coming weeks.
We thank all the fans and media whose unwavering support we have enjoyed so far and continue to enjoy
This still sounds like a breakup to me.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay