Remember the group Styl Plus, they were the rave back then but somewhere along the line, they lost their fire, sadly. One of the members, Tunde explains why.
Why did you leave?
I have tried to answer this question in so many diplomatic ways without divulging unnecessary details but then answer has brought out more questions like why didn’t I work on my solo project and still remain in the group like it’s being done on the international scene with the likes of Boyz2Men, the Commodores, Destiny’s Child and many more international group acts? Questions flying from all directions have informed me to come out straight to tell it as it is because I need to carry the fans along.
In 2012, I tried taking my clothing company (nativeBoy) ambitions a notch higher by launching it out in Asia and doing a song titled “in your eyes” to support it. It apparently didn’t go down well with the members of my group.
Being in a group involves a whole lot more dynamics than meets the eye due to differences in personalities, goals and expectations. These differences get more pronounced over time and like old wine become more distinct in taste.
Boy bands were not designed to last forever for boys become men and being a man brings with it more responsibilities and an action for a definite direction.
I am STYL-PLUS,
I am TUNDE
I am pursuing my definite direction.
I wish the others well in their pursuit.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay