Jacob revealed this during a meeting with the House of Representatives Committee on Finance on Wednesday in Abuja.
According to him, Zamfara State is at the top of the list of states owing the examination body with more than 1 billion naira debt.
He added that even the states that the government pay for are yet to settle their debt.
His words, “Our major problem as at today is that, about 19 states are owing NECO, the examination was done for them on credit especially, Zamfara .
“Some states, the government pay for the students and they are still owing us.”
He added that the huge debt even affected prompt remittances into the Consolidation Revenue Fund (CRF).
TeleGram: Join Telegram Group
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Mizta Wynas – No JoY [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- DJ Neptune – Sounds Of Neptune [Amapiano Lock Down Mix]
- Cheque – Satisfied [AuDio]
- Phyno – Speak Life (On God) [ViDeo]
- 1da Banton – Foreigner [AuDio + Video]