One thing we saw in designers’ Fall 2013 collections is that the suit is transforming from 9-5 to the after hours, and beyond. We’re glad to see New York’s menswear designers continue to strip the stuffiness out of suiting and styling the tailored goods that look, well, damn cool. This mix has in large part contributed to NYFW’s laidback vibe, as cotton or lightweight blend suits were balanced out with tees, tanks, and crewnecks knits underneath.
Here are 5 looks you can start studying right now, straight from the designers who did it best.
BROOKS BROTHERS BLACK FLEECE
A navy stripped T-shirt and jute-soled white loafers from stubbs and wotton guarantees a preppy resort vibe thanks to the piped heather grey blazer.
A D-ring web belt, yellow sweater, and white bucks make this windowpane look less formal.
MARC BY MARC JACOBS
Part-James Bond, part-Julian Casablancas, dirty sneakers and a crisp white shirt inside a tuxedo oozes out an ‘after the party is the afterparty’ appeal.
OVADIA AND SONS
A tucked-in henley and camo espadrilles take this indigo suit ‘off-duty’, while croakies, and a lone bracelet place this look in the world of “go-to-hell”.
MARK MCNAIRY NEW AMSTERDAM
This camo explosion is anchored by the solid grey t-shirt worn underneath, a proof that this guy’s just having fun with his casual kit.
N.B: Personally, i like this on the Americans and Europeans. If you are in Nigeria, try this only at home because if the military boys get hold of you, you will appear less fashionable in a matter of seconds.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Beamer (Bad Boyz) [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]