Yuichiro Miura, who also conquered the 29,035-foot peak when he was 70 and 75, reached the summit at 9:05 a.m. local time, according to a Nepalese mountaineering official and Miura’s Tokyo-based support team.
�I made it!” Miura said over the�phone. �I never imagined I could make it to the top of�Mount Everest�at age 80. This is the world’s best feeling, although I’m totally exhausted. Even at 80, I can still do quite well.”
The climbers were going to take pictures at the summit before starting to descend, his office said.
Nepalese mountaineering official Gyanendra Shrestha, at Everest base camp, confirmed that Miura had reached the summit and is the oldest person to do so.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Dai Verse & Buju – Sweet Daddy
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- Shadow – Escobar
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- Cheque – Holy Gee
- Portable – Gberatan
- M.I Abaga – The Guy
- BNXN (Buju) – Kenkele ft Wande Coal [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Yemi Alade – Begging
- PSquare – Jaiye (Ihe Geme)
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist