He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, his position is to allow Amotekun to bear sophisticated arms like the non-state actors who were engaged to protect the oil pipelines, because it is the right thing to do.
Rotimi added that he has no issue with the Federal Government awarding surveillance contracts to anybody because it is not his money.
His words, “Most of the people and even some of my colleagues didn’t really understand my position on the oil pipeline surveillance contract. I have no issue with the Federal Government awarding surveillance contract to anybody. It is Federal Government’s money. They can use it anyhow they want.”
“Here, we are spending our money on Amotekun. And what I said in my statement titled ‘Who actually needs weapon’ was that the Federal Government should allow Amotekun carry sophisticated weapons like those whom they awarded pipelines surveillance contract.”
“If you can allow individuals to carry heavy arms to protect pipelines, why won’t you allow Amotekun to carry sophisticated weapons to protect the people. The oil facilities are not more important than the lives of the people.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Ehyo – the Voluntary Mixtape
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- VTEK – Yur Fada Nyash [AuDio]
- DJ Davisy – Best Of Olamide [MixTape]
- Reminisce ft Olamide & Endia – Government (Ijoba)
- Terry G – Shayo Yapa ft Prince banton
- Wizkid – Sexy Mama (Unreleased Version)
- Davido – Skelewu [AuDio]
- KCEE – Ogadinma [AuDio]