Ex Arsenal vice-chairman, David Dein has said the club has to be targetting a top-two finish in the Premier League under Unai Emery.
Unai Emery replaced Wenger in the summer of 2018 and guided Arsenal to a fifth-placed finish and the Europa League final during his first season in charge.
David, who was Arsenal vice-chairman between 1983 and 2007, has now said the club has to be setting higher targets, preferably a Top 2 finish.
He also begged for patience for Unai Emery to build his young squad.
His words, “I think it’s a work in progress. We have to patient,”
“It’s not easy today as everyone expects instant success, and you can see what has happened to other club around us.
“Everyone thinks it is so easy, you turn the tap on and you get hot water, but it’s not quite as easy as that.
“[but] I think we set a certain standard and we expect them to be up at the top challenging for first or second place.”
On how their transfer window business can affect their targets, “I’ve never subscribed to that.
“I’ve always felt Arsenal had to be challenging for at least first or second in the league every year.
“That has to be the ambition at the start of the season.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- Trey Songz – Sleepless Nights ft Davido
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]