In the lead-up to the release of The Lion King: The Gift, a collection of music inspired by the 2019 reboot of the classic Disney film, Beyoncé remarked that the project was meant to be ‘a love letter to Africa’.
Not unlike the film, The Gift chronicles a saga of personal growth, filtered through some of the brightest stars in Afrobeats and Afrofusion.
Artists like Mr Eazi, Yemi Alade, Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage, and Tekno sing in multiple languages about embracing blessings (‘JA ARA E’), staying the path (‘DON’T JEALOUS ME’), and rising into your own majesty (‘KEYS TO THE KINGDOM’).
Grammy award winner, Beyoncé collaborates with African giant, Burna Boy on her record titled ‘Ja Ara E’.
Listen Up & Enjoy the Vibe!
- Dj Stiphbami - Naija New Skool Love Wave [MiXTape]
- DJ Baddo - All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Burna Boy - Tonight [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Nsico Michaels - Yak Aba (Let It Be) ft Devyn Rose, Rina, O'giveR, Danny P, JSongz & Sa'Shay [AuDio]
- D'Banj, Femi Kuti, Fally Ipupa, Omawumi, Diamond & more - Cocoa Na Chocolate [AuDio]
- Shadow - No Rack No Snakes [AuDio]