He recently revealed this via his social media page, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the decision is absolutely necessary for him to concentrate his plans to run for president of the Philippines in the 2022 elections.
He added that it is really difficult for him to accept that his time as a boxer is over because boxing changed his life.
His words, “As I hang up my boxing gloves, I would like to thank the whole world, especially the Filipino people for supporting Manny Pacquiao. Goodbye boxing.”
“It is difficult for me to accept that my time as a boxer is over. Today I am announcing my retirement.”
“Thank you for changing my life, when my family was desperate, you gave us hope, you gave me the chance to fight my way out of poverty. “Because of you, I was able to inspire people all over the world. Because of you I have been given the courage to change more lives. I will never forget what I have done and accomplished in my life that I can’t imagine. I just heard the final bell. The boxing is over.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- Dj Bless – Naija Party [Mixtape]
- Tekno – Show Me Your Back [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Whine Like This [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- HarrySong – I’m in Love Remix ft Olamide
- D’banj – Finally [AuDio]
- Bracket – Nana [AuDio]