Reports recently revealed this to the world, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to the recent statement after a substantial investigation by Ofcom, the communications regulatory body in the United Kingdom, it was concluded that the programme breached broadcasting rules by sharing potentially harmful claims about COVID19.
The UK added that Pastor Chris’ failure to put these unsubstantiated statements into context risked serious harm to its audience, and that cannot be tolerated.
The statement read, “Loveworld’s failure to put these unsubstantiated statements into context risked serious harm to its audience.”
“They had the potential to undermine confidence in public health measures put in place to tackle COVID19 at a time when cases, hospital admissions and deaths were rising in the UK, and when people were looking for reliable information given advances in the vaccination programme.”
What do you think?
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Mayorkun – Back in Office
- Chike & Ada Ehi – Watching All Over Me
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Phyno – Stacks
- Magixx – Love Don’t Cost A Dime