Rumours began to swirl the pair were dating last year and Future confirmed in January that they were indeed an item.
Ciara admits it has taken her a while to feel comfortable opening up about her romance.
When you do step outside, you put yourself in a position to where people are going to be able to judge and they could criticise and they can give their opinion and that’s something I used to always fear
she told MTV News.
This is not the first high-profile romance for the star. She previously dated rappers Bow Wow and 50 Cent but always remained tight-lipped about her private life.
Ciara has come a long way since then. Future even plays her love interest in the music video for her new track, Body Party.
She attributes her change of heart to his accepting nature.
Now she has no qualms about gushing over her man.
That’s where I am at this day and time in my life and I’m also with someone who makes me extremely comfortable to be that way, which is really important
The way that he makes me feel, why not? If you love somebody you should express it, and now I understand that. There’s nothing sexy about hiding your love. There’s nothing sexy about people not acknowledging each other.
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]