Mr Henry Okokon, the State Security Adviser (South) to Gov. Ben Ayade of Cross River recently revealed this to journalists in the state, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, most of the kidnap cases recorded in Calabar were planned and coordinated from the hotels and brothels including some residential apartment, and that can be avoided if landlords are more up and doing.
He added that from now on, Cross River landlords should ensure they get complete details of all their guests to avoid being caught in the web as accomplices in the fight against crime, especially kidnapping in the state.
His words, “The demolition exercise is an ongoing process, it is part of the activities of Operation Akpakwu that was set up to fight criminality in the state, especially kidnapping.”
“The governor had warned landlords who are harbouring criminals to desist from doing so. Therefore anybody found to be harbouring, abetting or aiding crime, must definitely be held responsible.”
“This hotel is one of the buildings that have been harbouring criminals and the government has decided to bring it down.
“Ths is a warning signal to all, and I think everybody should be aware of this. The general public should be aware that security is everyone’s business.”
“I want to state that all legal procedures were taken before this building was demolished. The police have equally done their investigation, that is why we have the Army, Navy and Air Force personnel here on ground.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]