Femi Falana revealed this in a recent statement in Lagos.
According to him, the declaration of a state of emergency would ensure anyone breaking the rules and regulations is adequately punished.
He added that leaders of many countries declared a state of emergency before imposing restrictions on movements and that is how it should be.
His word, “It is common knowledge that leaders of many countries have since invoked the provisions of relevant statutes to declare a state of emergency before imposing restriction on the locomotion of people and lockdown of towns.
“Having confirmed that the presidency is on lockdown, we are compelled to call on state governors to apply the Quarantine Act, which provides for and regulates the imposition of quarantine and to make other provisions for preventing the introduction into and spread in Nigeria and the transmission from Nigeria of dangerous infectious diseases.
“In particular, state governors are urged to invoke Section 8 of the Act which empowers them to make such declarations and issue necessary regulations to combat any infectious disease such as COVID-19.”
“Furthermore, the attention of members of the public should be drawn to the stringent penalties prescribed by the Criminal Code and Penal Code for offences endangering life or health including reckless or negligent acts causing harm to people.”
- Tentik – Recognize Now or Famz Later MixTape
- Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love [AuDio]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Stogie T – Dunno ft Nasty C [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Erigga – AYEME ft Yungzee [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix