He recently revealed this today during the closing ceremony of the Ogun State Diabetes Youth Development Camp held in Abeokuta.
According to him, young patients must know that diabetes is not a killer disease, and despite being 80 years, he is still engaging in most activities like every other person.
Obasanjo added that he actually went around with his drugs and testing kits at some point just to ensure he had the right blood sugar level.
His words, “I have been diagnosed with diabetes for more than 35 years now and here I am, I’m still going about, I’m still jumping up and down, I’m still doing many things many people of my age cannot do.”
“Since I was diagnosed with diabetes, a number of my friends have died and the reason is that they just did not manage their diabetes the way they should manage it.”
“It does not matter whether you are type one or type two, so far there is no cure for diabetes, maybe there will be a cure before I die, but I pray that there will be a cure before you die.”
“You have to understand the type of food you should eat, you must completely abstain from sugar. The number of carbohydrates that you take must be watched.”
“Don’t miss your drugs, in your own case, your insulin injection, I take my drugs along with me everywhere I go and I always check my blood sugar level regularly.”
“Don’t let anybody put fear in your minds, diabetes, has no cure for now, but it can be managed.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- L.A.X – Faster
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape