The Chairman of the Ondo State Internal Revenue Service, Tolu Adegbie recently revealed this to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the government has declared that the development would no longer be tolerated and it has even started to impound such vehicles.
He added that it is a shame to see commercial drivers not having a valid driver’s licence despite the recent mandatory registration of vehicles in the agency.
His words, “About 800 vehicles have been registered so far and 80 per cent of the drivers did not have valid driver’s licences.”
“The result of a survey carried out by the agency also shows that about 64 per cent of private vehicle owners in the state did not have valid driver’s licence. This situation would no longer be tolerated in the state and the state governor has been informed by the ugly situation.”
“The enforcement is immediate. We have given four months for commercial vehicle drivers to register their vehicles and we can’t extend it. About 800 commercial vehicles have registered so far and your vehicles must be painted in the colour of the state.”
“And it is not only commercial vehicles but those private vehicles without valid papers will be impounded We will be moving round to ensure that nobody is harassed unduly. If you don’t have a licence and you are driving, you are a menace to society.”
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Flavour – Levels
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Mayorkun – Back in Office