Afrobeat legend Femi Anikulapo-Kuti broke the world record for longest single note played on a saxophone on Sunday evening, May 7, 2017.
Femi Kuti broke Kenny G’s year 1997 45mins 37 secs record with a fantastic 46mins 38secs long play at the Sunday Jump event at Africa Shrine, Agidingbi, Lagos.
The record was broken in the presence of a large audience that included Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce, the deputy high commissioners of Netherlands and The United Kingdom, reports Femi’s sister, Yeni.
�Femi did it at 55 years old,” his sister, Yeni said on Instagram.
She also said the �Sorry Sorry” crooner would be attempting the feat again in two weeks time in the presence of the Guinness World Records officials, so it can go into the books.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda