The resolution followed the adoption of a motion, ‘Election Violence in Ekiti and Need to Eschew Restraint’, at the plenary today, and it was sponsored by Sen. Biodun Olujimi (PDP- Ekiti).
According to her, the recent disruption of the March 20 by-election for the Ekiti East Constituency 1 seat, by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is the latest proof that safety of all must be guaranteed.
She added that in a democracy, it is common sense that no election should ever be worth the blood of any person.
What do you think?
Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan (born 12 January 1959) is a Nigerian senator who serves as the President of the Senate of Nigeria. He represent Yobe North Constituency of Yobe State under the All Progressive Congress (APC). His tenure as a senator started since 2007 Nigeria general election.
In 2019, he emerged the new Senate President of the 9th National Assembly with 79 votes cast to beat Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume with 28 votes.
Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan was a lecturer with a Nigeria federal university of Maiduguri, Borno North-Eastern state and a politician and senator now the president of the Nigerian senate. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Geography from the University of Maiduguri in 1984.
A master’s degree in Remote Sensing from the Ahmadu Bello University and a Doctorate degree in Remote Sensing/GIS from Cranfield University, UK, in 1990 and 1996 respectively.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Sweet Potato [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Wizkid – Eleniyan [AuDio]
- Erigga – Cable ft Skally Normal [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay – Crazy ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- D’banj – Finally [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- LayLow – See You Again [AuDio]