A French man is elated after discovering the house he inherited from a deceased relative in Normandy was used to hide $3.7 million dollars’ worth of gold.
It was when the home’s new owner began to move around furniture that he uncovered the stash, a box of coins attached to the underside of an item of furniture.
The hunt for gold continued when the heir began finding larger amounts of gold in other storage locations of the estate.
�It was under the furniture, under piles of linen, in the bathroom … everywhere,” a local auctioneer Nicolas Fierfort told Agence France-Presse about the gold. Fierfort admitted to missing the treasure himself upon a visit to appraise furniture within the house.
It was extremely well hidden,” he said in the report.
Eventually, a massive pile of 23-pound gold bars stared the new homeowner in the face.
An estimated 220 pounds of the precious metal was located all around the home, including 5,000 gold pieces, two 26-pound bars and 37 smaller bars weighing two-pounds each.
The gold, after the examination of experts, was dated back to the 1950s and 1960s when the man’s wealthy relative had bought the precious metal.
Certificates of the gold’s authenticity were also found in the deceased’s estate.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]
- Rema – Dumebi [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]