The ad, for the brand’s lotion, featuring former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Omowunmi Akinnifesi , has as its tagline: �For visibly fairer skin”.
Fuse ODG, on his Instagram, posted a photo of a billboard as seen in Ghana.
He asked that the billboard be taken down all over Africa, else people would do it for the brand. He added the hashtag #PULLITDOWNNOW. He wrote:
Kindly take down these billboards you have placed all over our beloved countries in Africa. I saw this one with my own eyes today in Ghana and we love our complexion the way it is. And if you don’t take these down. We will.
Every African everywhere should stop buying any Nivea product. Tag the Nivea branch from your country so they understand how foolish this is!
Nivea will be the second personal care brand this month criticized for an insensitive ad, following the Dove Facebook campaign that was condemned as being racist.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- BOJ – Emotions
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Ajaeze – Reason
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]