Genevieve Nnaji was featured in Elle Magazine’s International Superstars: The Next Big Crossover Acts list which was published online yesterday Wednesday August 21.
Below is what the fashion and lifestyle magazine wrote about Ms Nnaji:
One of the most powerful actresses working in Africa, Nnaji began her career at age eight, and has been constantly working in commercials and movies ever since. She’s credited with putting Nollywood, Nigeria’s Hollywood, on the map. In 2005 she was awarded Best Actress at the inaugural African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), and used her fame to launch her clothing line, St. Genevieve, in 2008 with the proceeds from sales supporting orphanages. And she has the Oprah seal of approval in 2009 Nnaji was profiled on an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, with the host referring to her as one of the most popular people around the world and the “Julia Roberts of Africa”.
The list also features former Miss World and Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai, English singer Pixie Lott and Mexican pop star Anahi.
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Flavour – Levels
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Mayorkun – Back in Office
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide