Yoruba Nollywood actor who recently got divorced has revealed in a recent interview with Vanguard, that former president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan treated entertainers like school children.
“There was a time I produced a movie, and it was pirated within days. It’s like the pirates have their own copies.
We’re still looking to find who leaked it, but we don’t know yet. I lost over N15 million on that project. I’m still motivated to do more because it’s my dream. Soon, change will come to this country. Goodluck Jonathan treated entertainers like school-children. The last government was hosting us (Nollywood) as if they were hosting birthday parties for kids.
For one day, they never thought it fit to beg senators and members of the House of Representatives to pass appropriate laws on piracy.
I am seizing this opportunity to beg the new senators and House members who are in the committee in charge of culture to please pass relevant bills on entertainment. That is what they are elected to do, not to be shouting and jumping fence like they did the last time.”
When asked about why he refused to support a political candidate publicly, he said “I did, but I refused to follow any senator or House of Representatives members who want to go for re-election, and I did not encourage my colleagues to follow them as well. It is not a case of giving them another chance of four years, because I said the same thing four years ago, and they didn’t listen. I supported Governor Ajimobi of my home state, Oyo, because he transformed the state.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Olamide & Endia – Government (Ijoba)
- VTEK – Yur Fada Nyash [AuDio]
- Dj Slam – Fresh MixTape vol.1
- Davido – Skelewu [AuDio]
- Wasiu Alabi Pasuma – IFE ft Tiwa Savage [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- X-Busta – Chom [AuDio]
- Dremo – Wonder ft Patoranking
- Vector – Follow Me Dey Go (Remix) ft 2face [AuDio]