Ifeanyi Okowa revealed this in a recent statement issued in Asaba on Saturday via Mr. Olisa Ifeajika, Chief Press Secretary to the Delta governor.
According to him, the judgment of the appellate court is a win for Nigeria’s democracy and another support for INEC being an unbiased umpire.
He added that on behalf of his family, the government, and the people of Delta, he wholeheartedly congratulates his brother, Sen. Diri on his victory.
His words, “I welcome the judgment of the Court of Appeal, which sat in Abuja on the Bayelsa governorship election petition with immense joy and also appreciate the judiciary for doing justice to the matter.
“This ruling has once again reaffirmed the powers of INEC to act as an unbiased umpire, especially in dealing with issues of improper nomination by political parties.”
“On behalf of my family, the government and people of Delta, I congratulate my brother governor, Sen. Diri, on this victory.
“The case was a needless distraction as the election petition tribunal ought not to have entertained the petition because it was a pre-election matter and was also status barred.
“This victory is for all Bayelsans, and I urge the ANDP to sheathe its sword and work in the interest of the people of the state.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay