David Lyon said he has accepted the result for peace and development to reign in the state.
He thanked his party for their support and appreciated his supporters and Bayelsans for backing him to fight against a case of judgment without justice.
He then begged everyone that remains solidly behind him to avoid all kinds of violence that will threaten the unity and calm in the state.
His words, “I am aware of the extent to which this decision has further dashed the hope of Bayelsans as it upturned the democratic mandate of the Bayelsa electorate.
“I hereby unequivocally state my decision to accept the Supreme Court verdict however distressing as it is.
“I wish to appeal to my party faithful, my supporters, all Bayelsans and all lovers of peace and justice to accept this verdict and maintain the peace.
“While they have a right to think that this is a case of judgment without justice, I strongly appeal against all forms of violence or any conduct that threatens the peace and development of our state.
“I seize this opportunity to thank the leadership of our party, the All Progressives Congress at the National, State , local Government and ward levels for their tenacity in upholding the ideals of constitutional democracy.
“I appeal to all Bayelsans not to shy away from participating in the governance of our dear state for the common good and wellbeing of its people.
“In the same vain, I urge the good people of the state to continue to uphold the dreams of our founding fathers in our aspiration to lead the state irrespective of party affiliations.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay