2011 Big brother Africa winner, Karen Igho-Rakos recently had an interview with BBC UK where she revealed how the whole Big Brother experience was for her. In the interview Karen, who got married to her Slavic hubby Yaroslav Rakos last year, opened up about how everyone thought she was ugly and how Africa had a wrong perception about her during the reality show. The 31-year-old struck a power pose dressed as iconic feminist, Rosie the Riveter, for the featured photo of the interview.
Read her below:
I was constantly being judged for the way I look ,the clothes I wear.I was one of the most hated persons on the planet when I first went into Big Brother. Because I have this very blunt personality.At that time, they haven’t seen somebody like me.She’s from Nigeria? Omg she is so ugly!.Look at the way she is dressed.When I came out that was when I saw everything and I watched it .I was like oh my god,people actually were saying this about me? As time goes by, they started realizing that I’m not about all what they see.That I have something in my heart.That I am actually genuine and I’m real.And,they fell in love with me and I won.Why?Because they realize I have a good heart.
Karen, who is now based in the UK, welcomed a son with her husband in July.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]
- Rema – Dumebi [AuDio]