As some say, he makes music out of ‘nonsense’.
In an interview with Leadershipng, the talented instrumentalist and producer admits, he was forced to sing akpako music due to frustration..
On his success story
My brother if I tell you say I know how, na lie I dey lie (laughs). I have been studying the industry and I have learnt to give the people what they want. I started with Rhythm and Blues and went to shoot my video in South Africa. The buzz I got from the song was not satisfactory, so I became frustrated and maybe that frustration led me to do the street music I’m doing now – the Apako song.
On most Nigerian Song having lewd lyrics
You see, today’s music is evil. We call it commercial music. This is the music that brings the millions. People are still doing good music here but there is no buzz. It is the commercial music which some people term ‘bad’ music that is getting us the millions. It is all about the business of music and the glam that accompanies it. I said before that I was doing good music before, but the buzz was not there. So, I researched what the need is and experimented with songs like Make I Nack You Apako and others. It is not easy doing music; recording a song is a piece of creativity and you just do it from your heart and await the feedback from listeners.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ginger Breadman – School Of The Hard Knock [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Johnny Drille & LadiPoe – Hold On [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]