The famous musician recently revealed this during an interview, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, he simply left to spend more time with his family, but his time away has made him realize that music is a huge part of him.
AY added that he was never fulfilled during his break from music, so his return was inevitable.
His words, “When I stepped down a little, I was doing other stuff too. It wasn’t like I left music and I was just raising kids. I realised along the line that music is part of me. In all I was doing, I didn’t have that sense of fulfillment. I came back to music right now because this is all I love to do. This is my life right now and I’m giving it a 100.”
“Music right now is more serious than then and now they appreciate it more. The sounds have changed too and there are more eyes in our music, we’ve gone international.”
What do you think?
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]