She recently had her say via her social media page, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to her, she actually persuaded the man to allow his daughter to pursue her dream, and the young lady is a successful engineer today.
Alakija added that she went as far as sharing a copy of her autobiography with the girl’s father, just to convince him that women can be successful.
His words, “I remember on one of my trips abroad, I had gone shopping in one of the stores and I met an interesting young Nigerian lady. She was serving at the till, and she was so excited to see me,”
“In her excitement, she quickly blurted out her personal story. She wanted to be an engineer, but her father discouraged her because she was a girl.”
“After much persuasion, which included sharing a copy of my autobiography with her father, just to convince him that a woman can successfully play and win in the Oil and Gas sector, her father agreed and today she is a successful engineer.”
“Discrimination and gender imbalance usually begin in the home. The world’s 600 million adolescent girls have shown that if given the skills and equal opportunities, they can be changemakers.”
“Parents and society at large should not undermine the abilities of the girl child but invest in a future that believes in their leadership, and potential.”
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]