President Muhammadu Buhari recently welcomed the ministers who served with him when he was the Military Head of State between January 1984 and August 1985 to his house.
The President used the opportunity to reminisce about how things were done then, during the military regime.
According to Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity), Femi Adesina, Buhari, who welcomed the guests at the State House in Abuja, promised to “carry everyone along on my last lap as a democratically elected leader.”
A moment of silence was also observed in memory of the dead former ministers during the military regime.
The leader of the delegation, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, who served as the Minister of External Affairs, said the team came to congratulate the President on his achievements in security, foreign affairs, anti-corruption, education, and many others.
His words, “We were appointed 35 years and nine months ago. Eighteen of us were sworn in. Your leadership was firm, but you also gave us free rein to operate. You knew what each person was doing. We will never forget the opportunity you gave us. We remain patriots.”
A statement from FG read, “President Buhari decried the misunderstanding of internal conflicts by many people at home and abroad, citing the farmer-herder’s clashes which in several places had been misconstrued as religious, when in fact they arose from social and cultural factors.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- D’Banj, Femi Kuti, Fally Ipupa, Omawumi, Diamond & more – Cocoa Na Chocolate [AuDio]
- Olamide & Pro Whizzie – Bariga Vs Agege [AuDio]
- Seantero – PinPin PonPon ft Oritse Femi [AuDio]
- 2Face Idibia � GO ft Machel Montano [AuDio]
- Yung6ix, Percy & S.D – Just Know (KKTBM Anthem)