After he performed his smash hit single, ‘Godwin.’ at HICC (Harvesters International Christian Centre) in Lagos, On Sunday, April 5, 2015, Marvin new boy Korede Bello faced mixed reactions from some of his fans and followers of Nigerian music. While some saw nothing wrong with him performing the song in a church, others felt he crossed the line as a secular act who mounted the sacred pulpit.
While speaking to TheNET recently, Korede Bello said he doesn’t regret performing in church and if the opportunity presents itself again, he’ll gladly do it all over again.
‘If you are the pastor of a church and you invite me to perform the song, Yes i will perform the song again. It’s God’s song and whatever is happening now is predetermined, people are talking about God that’s all that matters, From the inception of Godwin, I knew that it wasn’t my song, I knew that anything that’s for God has the potential of growing bigger than you imagine. It’s not quite a gospel song, it’s an inspirational song, what I mean by it’s for God is the fact that it’s dedicated to God. I don’t see it as my song, I see it as people’s song and I see it as a song for God.’…
- Rema – Soundgasm
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- TMP – KIZO ft Bella Shmurda
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Magnito – Phakama ft Mimi South & Iyanya
- Fanzy Papaya – ParacetaMoney
- L.A.X – Pepe ft Davido
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Hanu Jay & Mayorkun – Insane