She recently revealed this at a press conference organized by the Credible Igbo Women Initiative (CIWI) in Lagos, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, agitation for referendum is the people’s right, and it is now left for the government to dialogue with secessionists in the region.
Onyeka added that the federal government should stop killings in the region while urging young people to embrace dialogue.
Her words, “We come here together with one thing in our mind: peace, love and equity. Something dreadful is happening in south east right now. I happened to come from Imo state and I know what people are passing through there. Please, federal government should stop the killings.”
“Some people want to agitate for referendum, it is their right. Some people want to cry out that they are being marginalized, it is their right. Listen to them. You may not agree with them, but they have the right to speak. We are begging, we are asking, please let’s sit down and talk about what is going on. Let’s call our people who are agitating, who are not happy with the situation and talk to them. Nigerian government let’s talk. Pull out the troops from Igboland.”
“I want to use this opportunity to reach out to our young people to embrace dialogue. Please, come let’s talk. We will stand for the right of Igbo people.”
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Chike & Ada Ehi – Watching All Over Me
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Mayorkun – Back in Office
- Phyno – Stacks
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Magixx – Love Don’t Cost A Dime