He recently revealed that his government is committed to prioritizing the welfare of the workers despite the dwindling resources accrued to the State.
According to him, no fewer than 52 pensioners were given cheques worth several millions of naira as gratuities on Thursday and that will continue during his tenure.
He added that the payment of gratuity exercise would have come earlier if not for the coronavirus pandemic that has hindered the socio-economic activities.
His words, “It is common knowledge that we inherited backlog arrears of unpaid entitlements from the past administration. However, we are conscious of the fact that government is a continuum. Therefore, we are facing the challenge of offsetting the arrears headlong against all odds.”
”The present administration is not oblivious of the hardship, pains, and challenges being faced by our senior citizens, as a result of the backlog of unpaid benefits in the past. We have therefore resolved to face the challenge and make our people happier. By the grace of God, despite the little resources available to the State, our administration will continue to bring relief to the entire workforce and the retirees.”
“For the umpteenth time, I want to allay the fear of those pensioners that are yet to collect their own gratuities not to be disturbed. By God’s grace, you will use your hands to collect yours very soon. I promised that our payment on first to retire, first to be paid would be maintained. This method would be sustained for the sanctity and sanity of the exercise devoid of favoritism. I urge the beneficiaries of this exercise to plan with the money and prudently utilize it for a blissful retirement.”
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Maleek Berry – Peru (Cover)
- Larry Gaaga – Egedege ft Pete Edochie, Theresa Onuorah, Flavour & Phyno [ViDeo]
- Qdot – Gbeja ft Wasiu Alabi Pasuma
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Erigga – Wickedness
- Ladipoe – Running ft Fireboy DML
- Reekado Banks – Ozumba Mbadiwe
- Oritse Femi – October 20th
- Larry Gaaga, Theresa Onuorah, Flavour & Phyno – Egedege