The musician recently ditched his signature dreadlocks inspired look for something more different.
His words, “I am a brand new G..please you gonna need to reintroduce yourself.”
See the photo,
Gabriel Oche Amanyi, popularly known by his stage name Terry G, is a Nigerian musician and producer. He is widely known for his eccentric dress-sense, controversial lyrics and awkward identity.
He has been described by The Punch as “one of the world’s weirdest singers”, by Vanguard as a “weird singer”, and by Channels TV as the “craziest musician in Nigeria”.
In 2012, he released his fourth album, titled Book of Ginger. Amanyi was born in Benue State on March 17, 1986, which was also his mother’s birthday. He started singing in the choir of his local church.
The “Akpako master”, as he is fondly called, received critical acclaim for his unique brand of music and personality. Through his songs, he has admitted to using drugs and alcohol. In September 2014, he told Jane Augoye of The Punch that he has stopped taking hard drugs. He has cited 2face Idibia as his greatest musical mentor.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)