Insiders said during the week, that the rapper was approached with a mouth watering deal to become the brand’s latest ambassador because of his recent successes – the release his first official single ‘Oleku’, his many local and international awards, and his bestselling debut album ‘Everybody Loves Ice Prince’ in 2011.
But Panshak Zamani doesn’t come cheap. We’re told he’s asking for a whooping sum of $1m (N157,000,000) or no deal.
He was serious, he knows his worth and knows they can afford it so he turned the deal down
our insider at GLO who wants to remain anonymous said.
Most GLO ambassadors are paid within the N10-N20m range, with D’banj and Psquare being the rare exceptions. Psquare got N240m for a four year deal.
It remains uncertain if GLO is upping the figures for the Chocolate city rapper. But if they concede to Ice’s demands, he’ll become the rapper with the biggest endorsement deal ever. But Ice Prince is cool with that (no pun intended). In the last 20 months, the rapper has become the highest-earning Nigerian rapper, with revenue sources including concert fees and endorsements (he inked a deal with LG in 2012) as well as non-music related deals no one is willing to talk about.
The rapper’s management has denied the telecoms approached their team. We didn’t get any offer from them, I just confirmed from my team, there’s been no offer, a rep for Ice Prince says.
A rep for GLO, Charles declined commenting, stating that it was not in his place to do so.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussH – Last Last [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay