Obasanjo recently revealed this in Abuja at a closed-door meeting with the Kogi State governor via a rep, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to the rep, Obasanjo wants Yahaya Bello to not give up on his fight for a good cause, because Kogi State is central to Nigeria’s peace and development.
OBJ added that the battle against insecurity should have everybody on board, and the onus is on the leaders to keep up the fight.
His words, “Obasanjo urged the governor to sustain his efforts in providing security for his state noting Kogi is central to the nation’s peace and development. Former President Obasanjo noted that the fight against insecurity should have everybody on board, stressing that governors should involve everyone to ensure insecurity is curtailed in Nigeria.”
What do you think?
Chief Olusegun Matthew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo, GCFR, born 5 March 1937 is a Nigerian military and political leader who served as military head of state from 1976 to 1979 and later as President of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007. Ideologically a Nigerian nationalist, he was a member of the People’s Democratic Party.
Matthew Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo was born in the village of Ibogun-Olaogun in southwest Nigeria. His later passport gave his date of birth as 5 March 1937, although this was an estimate, and there are no records of Obasanjo’s birthdate from the time itself.
His father was Amos Adigun Obaluayesanjo “Obasanjo” Bankole and his mother was Bernice Ashabi Bankole. He was the first of nine children; only he and a sister (Adunni Oluwole Obasanjo) survived childhood. He was born to the Owu branch of the Yoruba people. The church in the village was part of a mission set up by the U.S. Southern Baptist Church and Obasanjo was raised Baptist.
His village also contained Muslims and his sister would later convert to Islam on marrying a Muslim man.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- Tekno + Ice Prince – Pray For Nigeria [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Wizkid – Eleniyan [AuDio]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- Jidenna – Chief Don’t Run [AuDio]
- Dj Slam – Fresh MixTape vol.1
- Dj Ehyo – the Voluntary Mixtape
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]