The Assistant National Publicity Secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association, Habeeb Lawal recently shared this while reacting to one of Lasisi’s comedy clips.
According to him, Lawyers have a good sense of humor and they love his creativity and content, but he has to represent the noble profession and not make a mockery of it.
He added that the wig he uses has to be adorned properly in his videos plus he should learn to use his right of expression wisely so as not to make lawyers look and sound stupid.
His words, “Dear @lasisielenu, We’ve been tagged! We beg to use you as a point of reference to all other comedians. Lawyers have awesome sense of humour, as such we enjoy your jokes & appreciate the creativity. However, if you must represent our profession in your works…”
“Kindly ensure you properly adorn the wig, bip & gown. We acknowledge your right of expression, but NOTE that we also reserve the rights to take all NECESSARY steps to guide against the ridicule of our noble profession and @NigBarAssoc shall not hesitate to exercise those rights.
“In the likely event that you need a guide on how to make a joke about lawyers without ridiculing our appearance, here is a good guide.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)