Lupita Nyong’o, who was nominated in four categories, won 2 of the awards, which included Best Actress for the movie “US” and Outstanding Literary Work Children for the book Sulwe.
Reacting, Dencia jumped on Instagram to write that she deserves an award for inspiring Lupita’s book.
She added that she is happy to be an inspiration to others.
Her words, “Looks like Whitenicious helped you win an award. I’m glad Africans like yourself can capitalize off a brand I single [handedly] created. Congratulations. It feels great to inspire others to do things they never dreamt of.”
“@Lupita where my cut though.”
What do you think?
Reprudencia Sonkey, known by her stage name Dencia, is a Cameroonian-American singer, entrepreneur, fashion designer, and philanthropist.
In the United States, Dencia studied at Santa Monica College, Pierce College, University of Southern California, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and Harvard Business School.
Dencia started in the industry being featured in music videos of artists, like Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Lady Gaga, and Ludacris alongside Michelle Twalo who at the time was dating Trey Songz. Dencia released her first single “Beri Beri” in 2011.
On 25 December 2013, Dencia launched her skincare line, named “Whitenicious”. The brand turned her into a multi millionaire bringing in at least $20M a year. Dencia has since released 2 more skincare brands “Envydia Cosmetics” and “Darklicious Cosmetics” owning over 70 products. According to Dencia, about 80 percent of her products are sold in United States.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- Tekno – Enjoy [AuDio]