Rihanna seems to have found an ally in French President Emmanuel Macron.
The singer, who is an ambassador for the Global Partnership for Education, headlined a conference in Dakar, Senegal, on Friday, which the French leader co-hosted, to raise money for education in developing countries.
“Merci emmanuelmacron for stepping up to co-host GPforEducation’s Financing Conference in Dakar! Will France pledge €250M for GPforEducation tomorrow?” she tweeted.
Macron confirmed that France pledged 200 million euros, or about $250 million, to support the Global Partnership for Education’s efforts.
“When I commit, I deliver. Rihanna, France will always side with those fighting for a better education. FundEducation,” he tweeted.
Her partnership with Macron began in June when she tweeted “bonjour” to the new French leader, asking him to commit to funding eduction. A month later, she met with him and his wife, Brigitte Macron, at the Elysee Palace in Paris.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda