Rihanna seems to have found an ally in French President Emmanuel Macron.
The singer, who is an ambassador for the Global Partnership for Education, headlined a conference in Dakar, Senegal, on Friday, which the French leader co-hosted, to raise money for education in developing countries.
“Merci emmanuelmacron for stepping up to co-host GPforEducation’s Financing Conference in Dakar! Will France pledge €250M for GPforEducation tomorrow?” she tweeted.
Macron confirmed that France pledged 200 million euros, or about $250 million, to support the Global Partnership for Education’s efforts.
“When I commit, I deliver. Rihanna, France will always side with those fighting for a better education. FundEducation,” he tweeted.
Her partnership with Macron began in June when she tweeted “bonjour” to the new French leader, asking him to commit to funding eduction. A month later, she met with him and his wife, Brigitte Macron, at the Elysee Palace in Paris.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussH – Last Last [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay