Ivory Coast legend, Didier Drogba has backed Sadio Mane to beat off his rivals and clinch the 2019 Ballon d’Or later this year after an amazing season for club and country.
The Liverpool winger was named as part of the 30-man shortlist for the individual honor earlier this month after a fantastic one year.
Mane was part of the Liverpool squad that won the UCL in Madrid and narrowly missed out on the EPL title by one point, even if he still won the Golden Boot for his many goals. For Senegal, the player also led his country to the final of the African Cup of Nations in Egypt earlier this year.
Speaking on Mane’s recent form, Drogba believes this might be the time for another African player to win the Ballon d’Or like George Weah, and he is backing Mane to achieve just that.
His words, “For the CAN, the Champions League, and the championship,”
“What he does in the Premier League, very few players are able to do it.”
“Yes it is possible, but it would have been possible well before.
“There are many players who have well represented the African continent, like Samuel Eto’o.
“What is a pity is that when we talk about African player, we talk about the continent, we do not speak of a country. We will never say Kylian Mbappe represents the European continent. It is a small shift that is present.
“But to return to the question, it would be really nice [if] Sadio or even Mohamed Salah continue to raise their level of play to hope to win this trophy.”
- Tentik – Recognize Now or Famz Later MixTape
- Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love [AuDio]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Erigga – AYEME ft Yungzee [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Sarz & Wizkid – Hold Me (Memories That Last Forever)