The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin has said that military veterans can still do a lot to boost national security and development.
According to Gen. Abayomi, the retirees still have a vital role to play to “checkmate various divisive tendencies that constantly threaten” Nigeria’s corporate existence.
Olonisakin who said this at the opening of a 2-day retreat on “Unification of Veteran Associations in Nigeria,” said they can make this happen under a unified association.
His words, “Proliferations of veteran associations have not yielded desired results hence the need to explore platform’’ that could unify such associations.
“The Armed Forces of any nation remain a critical institution not only for the defence of territorial integrity from internal and external aggression but also serves as a vanguard of unity.
“Such unity is more imperative for Nigeria now more than ever before.
“Consequently, it has become necessary to explore all avenues to checkmate the various divisive tendencies that constantly threaten our corporate existence.
“A unified and vibrant veteran association has the potential to achieve this purpose.”
“I also expect the retreat to set up a steering committee to run the affairs of the proposed federation, a contact group to seek the support of the 9th National Assembly for the quick passage of the Veteran Federation of Nigeria bill into law and subsequent take off of the federation.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- D’Banj, Femi Kuti, Fally Ipupa, Omawumi, Diamond & more – Cocoa Na Chocolate [AuDio]
- Olamide & Pro Whizzie – Bariga Vs Agege [AuDio]
- Seantero – PinPin PonPon ft Oritse Femi [AuDio]
- 2Face Idibia � GO ft Machel Montano [AuDio]
- Yung6ix, Percy & S.D – Just Know (KKTBM Anthem)