Lawmaker Olatubosun revealed this at a recent plenary, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to the House of Representatives member, Prof Felicia Adebola Adedoyin was actually motivated by the reality of non-existence of a National Pledge for Nigeria at the time, unlike other nations like the United States of America and Ghana in West Africa.
Olatubosun added that immortalization will definitely serve as a well deserved reward for such a beautiful piece.
The lawmaker said, “The thoughtful and solemn words of the National Pledge have become an invocation for every Nigerian citizen to serve our fatherland with faithfulness, loyalty and honesty.”
“The House regrets that the iconic composer of the National Pledge passed away on Saturday, May 1, 2021, after a brief illness.”
“The House is convinced that the contribution of the deceased great Nigerian deserves special acknowledgement by immortalising her to keep her memories alive.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Shadow – Dead Roses
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Niphkeys & Zinoleesky – Blessings
- Lyta – High Vibration ft Naira Marley
- Adekunle Gold & Lucky Daye – Sinner (Banx N Ranx Remix)
- Soft – Comot Body
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Lil Frosh – Life Of The Party
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Timi Dakolo – Obim ft Ebuka & Noble Igwe
- Lussh & DJ Latitude – Dance Riddim