Nelson Mandela’s daughters are suing him for the rights to his artworks and control of his millions, it has been reported.
On Monday, Zenani and Makaziwe Mandela intended fighting an order of Johannesburg High Court in April 2004, which gave Mandela the right to instruct Ismail Ayob, his then lawyer, to stop managing his financial, personal and legal affairs.
The order also barred Ayob from selling any of Mandela’s artworks.
It was also reported that Mandela’s current lawyer, Bally Chuene, filed an affidavit last week, in response to a lawsuit brought by the sisters, represented by Ayob.
Last month, the sisters filed papers asking for Chuene, George Bizos SC and Human Settlements Minister, Tokyo Sexwale, to remove themselves as directors and trustees of the Mandela Trust and as directors of Harmonieux and Magnifique (Pty) Ltd with immediate effect.
In his replying affidavit, Chuene reportedly said he, Bizos and Sexwale had, in 2011, refused to release the trust’s money to the daughters without a legal justification.
Reports also have it that Chuene was adamant, Ayob was behind the court action by the women
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Rema – Dumebi [AuDio]