He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the current size of the Armed Forces is too low for the population of Nigeria, and that is far from adequate for a country of our status.
Osinbajo added that Nigeria also needs its own local ammunition manufacturing company, and despite what has started that at DICON (Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria), expansion is key.
His words, “The size of the Armed Forces is too low for the population of Nigeria. A local government in Niger State, Mashegu, has the land mass the size of South-East states and Lagos State with about a 100 policemen. That is very inadequate. So, to police the country properly, we need more hands in the police and the Armed Forces.”
“We also need our own local ammunition manufacturing company. We have started that at DICON (Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria), but we need to expand its capacity to produce more ammunition. We also need weapon and defence system manufacturing outfits locally.”
“Presently, we depend on the Western countries for weaponry and the system is very complex. For instance, we pay for Tucano fighter jets and it takes over four years to get the jets into the country.”
“I believe strongly in the wisdom of Yoruba elders and leaders and consultations are always ongoing. I am of the belief that very soon we will resolve whatever differences that exist and we will agree on the way forward.”
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]