She recently revealed this on social media, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to her, she is done with borrowers who have no regard for integrity and empathy anymore, and they will rather pay the money back with lies nowadays.
Her words, “I’m never borrowing anybody money again! What happened to integrity and empathy! I borrow you money, na LIES you wan use payback.”
Yemi Eberechi Alade (born 13 March 1989), known professionally as Yemi Alade, is a Nigerian Afropop singer, songwriter, actress and activist. She won the Peak Talent Show in 2009 after which she signed to Effyzzie Music Group, and had a hit with her single “Johnny” in 2014.
Since then Yemi has gained prominence in the music industry following the releases of her albums King of Queens and Mama Africa, this made her embark on world tours consecutively.
Yemi was raised in a multi-tribal home from Nigeria, Her father James Alade was a commissioner of police from Ondo State, Nigeria while her mother Helen Uzoma is a native of Abia State, Nigeria.
According to Yemi, She taps from the Igbo and Yoruba ethnicities of her parents. Alade attended her secondary School education at Victory Grammar School, Ikeja while her University education was at University of Lagos, both in Lagos, Nigeria.
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Flavour – Levels
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Mayorkun – Back in Office