The governor revealed this recently during a meeting with chairmen of local government areas (LGs) and local council development areas (LCDAs), at state Secretariat, Ibadan.
According to him, the security network would be solely controlled by the state government and there would be no form of external control.
He added that there would also be no going back on the implementation of Amotekun in the state.
His words, “At Okeho the other day, armed robbers robbed a bank and thankfully the community rose to the occasion and they assisted to apprehend those people. They combed the forest.
“That is why I will continue to say that Amotekun is here to stay with us. And it will not be under the control of the federal establishment. It will be under our control. Security of our people is extremely important.”
“Nothing can take place in an atmosphere of insecurity. Oyo state is a very large area. In terms of land size, we are more than all the States in South-East Nigeria so we have a lot to do to secure this area.”
“We have an international border with smuggling taking place. They killed a Customs officer in Saki a few weeks ago and these things are not acceptable to us.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)