Nollywood actress and producer, Dolly Unachukwu has come out to say that several Nollywood stars are under pressure to live the good life and meet up to the expected standards in the industry.
Dolly believes this is the reason why fake love exists in the movie business since it is difficult for everyone to love each other truly.
According to her, Nollywood right now is all about pretense and manipulation for selfish glory and the professionals in the game are all individualistic.
She then urged her fellow actors who are good friends currently to hold on tight to such relationships.
Her words, “I have seen it all in the film industry. You don’t want to know how depressed many upcoming and established Nigerian actors are. The average Nigerian actor is under immense pressure to live the good life and meet up with expected standards. In the process, there is no love for one another anymore. It is all pretence, and anyone can be sly and manipulative for the selfish glory. The culture is very individualistic now, and I can confidently say that things may be getting worse. You don’t need to go to the village to see village people anymore. Village people are now in the industry.
If you have a tested and trusted friend, keep them, hold them tight and don’t you ever let them go! The world is crueler than you can ever imagine!”
Do you agree?
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Simi – There For You ft Ms Banks [AuDio]
- Skales – Tell Us [AuDio]
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]