In a recent interview, multi-talented actress Stella Damasus has berated her colleagues for being insensitive to the plight of veteran actor Enebeli Enebuwa while he was sick.
She said none of them came to his aid until Delta State Government eventually took over the expense of treatment and sponsor him to India.
Hi Stella. Let me first extend my condolences on the death of veteran actor, Enebeli Enebuwa. I understand you led other people in the industry to get help for him while he was ill?
I’m very angry because the people in my industry are hypocrites. That man was ill for a long time in Lagos and they turned it into a fanfare.
People would go and visit him and take pictures with him, post it on Twitter, on Facebook, on their blogs; they used it to make people feel that they are philanthropists but nobody lifted a finger to take care of him or help his family.
They are more interested in politics; who would be President, how they can visit dignitaries who would dash them money. Nobody cares about the elderly people in the industry. We know how to celebrate people when they die, but when they are alive what do we do for them, especially the sick ones?
The Delta state government eventually sponsored him to India. I’m just very pained.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]