In a recent statement, CNG also slammed the Southwest governors that are insisting on establishing the outfit despite the warnings from the FG, alleging that it is a plan to dismember the country with ethnic militias.
According to the Spokesman for CNG, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, why did the Southwest leaders not form any militia to battle for the return of democracy in 1999 but decide to do it under democracy?
He added that the Southwest leaders are just provoking the North to form their own security groups and pursue their personal agenda without thinking about any consequences.
Recall that Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, recently insisted that Amotekun should be properly backed by law before it can be recognized.
His words, “I was misinterpreted on Operation Amotekun, I did not say it’s illegal.
“I said the Operation Amotekun should be properly backed by law, so if at the end of this government if the operation has been backed by law, any government that eventually succeeded this government would not rubbish the operation.
“I said if they failed to enact a law in support of Amotekun in the South-West Region of Nigeria, another government can come and say it’s illegal and this is because it is not backed up by any law.”
Do you agree?
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Flavour – Levels
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Mayorkun – Back in Office