He revealed this via a recent statement by Mr. Ola Awoniyi, Special Adviser to the Senate President (Media).
According to him, there was no way he could be convinced otherwise despite the pressure because it would have been unjust and unfair to render his election null and void.
He added that declaring the seat vacant was always premature, so he took the necessary decision.
His words, “There was no way anybody could convince us in the Senate that somebody should take the Abia North Seat because it was not vacant.
“He was on several appeals, and until he exhausted all the opportunities available to him, that seat remained his seat.
“Similarly, we did not even appoint an acting Chief Whip. The Deputy Chief Whip continued to play that role until he (Kalu) was released.
“We came under pressure, of course, but we thought the right thing to do was to keep that seat, that position until he was able to get his judgment.
“It would have been premature, unjust and unfair to declare his seat vacant or his position to be given away because he was in that situation.
“So we did not do anything extraordinary, really. We did what was right, what was just, what was necessary.”
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan